Terms and Conditions
Yates School of Motoring conforms to the DVSA Code of Practice for Approved Driving Instructors.
In addition, the following terms apply to both Clients and Instructors of Yates School of Motoring:
- All instructors will behave in a professional manner towards clients at all times.
- If the instructor cannot attend a client's lesson it will be rearranged at a mutually convenient time without liability.
- All bookings are made on the understanding that school is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, illness or mechanical
- Any client may be refused a driving lesson if the instructor has reason to believe that the client is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Yates School of Motoring cannot be held responsible for the loss or damage to client’s personal property during lessons or practical tests.
- Clients must ensure they hold a current provisional driving licence. This must be produced at the first lesson, and may be regularly checked by their driving instructor.
- Clients must inform their instructor if they have or receive any endorsements on their licence during the time they are receiving tuition. Including any short period disqualifications
- Clients must inform their driving instructor of any special needs or medical conditions they have that might affect their ability to drive. This includes your eye sight;
- You are responsible to be able to read a number plate at the prescribed distance for driving in the UK. You MUST inform us if there are any changes to your eyesight.
- The legal minimum distance to read a number plate in the UK is 20.5m in daylight.
- 60 minute lesson - £35
- 90 minute lesson - £52.50
- 120 minute lesson - £70
- 10 hour block booking - £335 (must be completed within 12 months)
- 5 hour block booking - £170 (must be completed within 6 months)
- Motorway lesson - £60
- Test Day Fee - £85 (including lesson prior to test)
- Block bookings of five or ten lessons are payable in advance at the beginning of the first lesson.
- Individual lessons are payable at the start of each lesson.
- Gift Vouchers are available on request.
- All fees’ are payable by cash or bank transfer.
In order to avoid a cancellation charge, clients must cancel any lesson with a minimum of 24 hours’ notice. Lessons on a Monday should be cancelled before close of business on a Saturday.
(Expeptions apply for COVID 19 cancellations)
Fees applicable for less than 24-hour notice
- 24 hours – No Fee
- Same day cancellation – £20
- Pupils with block bookings will lose one lesson.
- If the instructor arrives at the agreed pick up point and the client is not there you will pay the full cost of the lesson.
- A client must have at least 6 hours of tuition prior to taking the practical driving test.
- The instructor will advise clients when to apply for their theory and practical driving tests. The practical test should be booked using the instructor’s ADI number.
- The instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a driving test without the client’s agreement.
- The instructor will ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy and suitable for use on the test.
- It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that they have all the relevant documentation for the test appointment.
- Yates School of Motoring cannot be held responsible for postponement of test by the DVSA.
- Changes to test dates will be dependent on the availability of the car and instructor, therefore the availability of both will need to be confirmed before changes are made. It should be noted
that the DVSA will not refund a test fee for tests cancelled without 5 clear working days notice.
Complaint or grievances
If any client has a complaint or grievance, then they must in the first instance contact Ian Yates by phone or post at;
Yates School of Motoring
6 Church Road
Tel: 01698 382203